Sunday, January 09, 2005

Student teaching in Texas

I was incredibly nervous the Tuesday before my first day of student teaching, and then my cooperating teacher Jane called me (I've been using first names for privacy purposes - I do not mean to imply any lack of respect).

Jane is awesome, and so is her 5th grade class! Jane was so enthusiastic on the phone that when I walked into her class for the first time the next morning, I felt like I already had a friend on campus. Her students take her cue: They are all very sweet and funny! I love 5th grade! The rest of the faculty, staff, and students have been welcoming, too :-) I feel truly lucky to have such a wonderful placement.

If I have the opportunity to mentor a student teacher, I will do my best to follow in Jane's footsteps. I already know that I will miss Jane and every student in her class when I leave for New Zealand.

Thank you, to a very special 5th grade class, for a great first week of student teaching!


3 Comments:

At 13 January, 2005 19:16, Blogger Teej said...

My second week has been excellent! I taught my first two lessons today, and my cooperating teacher said I did really well. I loved it - I had so much fun, and the kids have been great and real. Teaching is even better than I thought it would be!

 
At 22 January, 2005 10:48, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work TJ !!

 
At 01 February, 2005 14:12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey TJ....Good luck with your exciting opportunity! Make sure to send pic too. You'll have to come visit us in San Francisco when you return....we've found a house....yahoooo! Take care and keep in touch!

Roland

 

Post a Comment

<< Home