The mad dash...
...of the holiday season is here. Well, actually it began for many people after Thanksgiving (I'm done being thankful, now go buy me some gifts). Weirder still is that many U.S. retailers have started pushing Christmas sundries immediately following Halloween. BOO-merry Christmas!
Okay. I'm busted. This is not a New Zealand related post. However, it is a Teej related post.
Now that it is December, I too am gladly looking forward to the winter holidays, especially since it usually means more time with family. I'm thankful for my family, friends, the wonderful food we get to eat together, and of course...presents.
On a more serious note, there are many who don't have enough to eat, and some who don't have any family. Since I'm lucky enough to have plenty of both, I like to help care for those who need it. So this holiday season, and throughout the year, join me in picking your favorite charity and displaying the better side of humanity. If you don't have a favorite charity, you can check out one of mine: The local food bank, the Nature Conservancy, and Habitat for Humanity.
For all you shoppers, webmongers, and do-gooders, here are a few sites where you can help out with just one click. You can also shop for great gifts at these sites. Actually, a lucky few of you are going to receive great gifts from these sites...
The Rainforest Site
The Hunger Site
The Child Health Site
The Animal Rescue Site
The Literacy Site
The Breast Cancer Site
To check out how stores you like to shop at treat people and the environment, go to: Responsible Shopper. You can also go to the Conscious Consumer Marketplace.
Also, check out:
The Ecology Fund and
Shop for Change
Heck, while I'm at it...
Choice Organic Teas has awesome tea that's both organic and fairly traded; good to drink and good for your soul.

1 Comments:
Teej, et al:
For the best customer service and some great tea, I recommened Goldenmoon tea: www.goldenmoontea.com. My favorite? Kashmerian Chai tea. Now I need to go make some.
Post a Comment
<< Home