I'll be teaching at...
Selwyn College in Kohimarama, Auckland, New Zealand! Selwyn College is a secondary school with grades 9 through 13. The curriculum looks amazing, and the school and staff sound positively fabulous. I am thrilled to have the opportunity to student teach there!
I'll be staying with Jan in St. Johns, Auckland, New Zealand, around 2 km from where I'll be teaching. Also, I'll be staying with another student teacher from Texas, Megan; it will be nice that she and I can support each other, even though we'll be teaching at different schools. Megan is getting certified in early childhood through the 4th grades.
The only New Zealander I've spoken with thus far has been Alan - our coordinator/supervisor in New Zealand and he has been wonderful keeping us up-to-date with emails about our homestays, student teaching assignments, and other tremendously helpful advice. He solved my visa conundrum! Alan more than lives up to the reputation New Zealanders have for being friendly. Three cheers for the delightfully supportive Alan: "Hip-hip-hooray! Hip-hip-hooray! Hip-hip-hooray!"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home